Thursday, August 8, 2013

I start work today

Well, the deed is done. Orientation over and the uniform purchased. I'll be working Monday to Friday 2-10:30 PM. I've spent the last few days alternating between wanting to throw up and pass out. I can not tell you how much I don't want to do this. Outside of all the kids concerts and such I'll miss, and the Holidays I'll have to work, him being alone with the kids is such a bad idea. Not to mention, we will only see each other on weekends. That's not exactly a recipe for closing the abyss. You see, things have deteriorated to the point that the only thing I really need him for is his paycheck. I know how awful that sounds, but it's all about speaking the truth here. So what's going to happen when I don't need that anymore? How is this going to work toward us not being roommates anymore? My stress-o-meter is pinned on defcon 1 that's for sure. I'm worried about how the stress of all this is going to affect him. Honestly, he thinks this is a good thing that it will take the pressure off him to cover the bills. True enough. But he's not thinking long term. He'll have to start taking care of dinner, homework, getting supplies for projects, going to concerts. He's going from 0 to 60. I'm scared to death that his mind won't be able to handle this. The potential for this to go horribly wrong is mind boggling. Let's all say a prayer my worries are unfounded.

1 comment:

  1. Remember that for those who love God, ALL things work to the good. We've seen that in our own family. The head injury all those years ago looked like a tragedy at the time. It was traumatic and in a worldly sense was horrible. In the end we see that it was a great blessing. Hold on to that....what we here below see as tragic and sometimes insurmountable....is in fact a great blessing. It doesn't look like a blessing at the time. It feels as if we've suddenly landed in the bowls of hell.....but time and perspective show us truly. God be praised in all things.....even this.

    Love you so very much.
    Alpha

    ReplyDelete